Information to be provided when asking for
a cost estimate
Reference may be made to the list below to see what information we need,
to be able to provide you, to the best of our abilities, with a cost estimate (the
information not in bold can be omitted if you send us a complete copy
of the document to be translated):
- Name of the company
- Contact name
- Fixed and/or mobile phone number
- Fax number
- E-mail address
- Source language
- Language in which the document to be translated is written
- Target language(s)
- Language or languages to be translated into
- Country of destination for the translation
- Important when there are several countries which nominally speak
the same language (for example, Spain and Mexico, or France and Canada,
or Great Britain and the United States, etc.)
- Audience for whom it is intended
- Specialists, company technicians, possible clients and company clients,
management, the public in general, etc.
- Type of text
- Technical literature, technical manual, product catalogue, financial
document, business correspondence, legal document, advertising, tourist
information, literary text, scientific paper, prescriptive text, general
- Technical sector
- Mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics, chemical
industry, aerospace, automotive, civil construction, hydraulic systems,
movement control, marketing, corporate management, etc.
- Characteristics of the document
- Contains a summary, analytical index, tables, figures and captions,
- Requires scanning and graphic insertions, etc.
- Specify the complexity and the number of the individual relevant
- Options requested
- Quality page layout, text only with no particular page layout rendering
(starting out from the text on paper), graphic insertions, attachments,
- Form in which the translation will be made available
- On paper, electronic file attached to an e-mail, electronic file
on optical media, difficult to read photocopies, handwritten, etc.
- Sent by fax, ordinary or priority post or courier, to be picked
up in person, etc.
- Electronic file format
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe PDF, InDesign CS4, QuarkXPress,
- How the translation should be returned
- Electronic file attached to an e-mail, electronic file on optical
media, printed document, to be put at customer's disposal on our ftp
- Sent by fax, ordinary or priority post or courier, to be hand delivered,
- Size of the source text
- Specify the size, to the best of your knowledge, in characters,
words, lines or pages, etc.
- Date required for delivering the translation
- When you need the translation by
- Is the text available?
- Yes/no, when will it be available?